A lot of people are pretty disappointed with the way that Mass Effect: Andromeda turned out. EA and Bioware know this. And with Patch 1.05 coming Thursday, they’re hoping to begin remedying it.
Animations and Relationships are Getting Some Much Needed Tweaks
It’s a pretty hefty patch coming our way later this week. Vaguely, Bioware is stating it’s “bug fixes and improvements to the player experience.” But if you look at the game’s Patch Notes you can tell that there’s a lot going on here.
Two major gripes that players had with the game were in regards to animations and relationships. More specifically how oddly gay relationships were implemented. It’s only briefly touched upon in the notes, but clearly both aspects of the game were improved upon. Here is the full list of what was touched up by Bioware:
- Improved tutorial placement
- Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression
- Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (check back for detailed notes on balance changes)
- Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map
- Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs
- Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO
- Fixed various collision issues
- Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct
- Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs
- Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times
- Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save
- Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose
- Fixes issues related to some saves
- Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer
- Streaming and stability improvements
To close, Sean Trayner of Bioware states that they’ll “continue to listen to your feedback, and we thank you for working with us to create an even better Mass Effect: Andromeda experience.” Hopefully there’s still time to right this spaceship.