Following the enormous success of Divinity: Original Sin and of its remastered version, Larian Studios set to work to deliver a sequel that could stand comparison with their masterpiece. Thus, they announced Divinity: Original Sin 2 several months ago. The game is now available through the Steam Early Access Program. It should go live on Steam at approximately 10am PT on Sept. 15, 2016.
A solid improvement over the original!
According to its creators, Divinity: Original Sin 2 will be an improvement over the original game. This title is based on an all new next-gen Divinity Engine designed to revamp the gaming experience. Up to 4 players will still be able to create their own characters from scratch and co-operate. New quests and new combat mechanics, also including among the others a wider elemental interaction, will be keeping the action fresh. Divinity: Original Sin 2 also includes a completely new story-line, penned together by Larian Studios and professional writer Chris Avellone (Fallout: New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2).
Early Access to Divinity: Original Sin 2 can be purchased for 44,99 USD. At the time of writing, this package includes the following:
– Act 1 of the campaign, with approximately 8-12 hours of gameplay.
– Online co-op for up to four players.
– Four playable races: Human, Elf, Dwarf, and Lizard.
– Four optional Origin Stories with unique quests and interactions.
– Eight schools of skills and spells.
– PvP Arena mode with select maps.
– Additional features and content to be announced throughout development.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 will also be, in the future, available on the GOG.com Games in Development program.