We finally have confirmation as to when Gran Turismo Sport will be racing into our hands. Kazunori Yamauchi, CEO of Polyphony Digital, CEO of Polyphony Digitalz, hosted an event in London today to shed some more light on the studio’s next entry in the iconic Gran Turismo series. Perhaps most exciting is the news that we will indeed be getting the game this year.
Yamauchi announced that Gran Turismo Sport will be releasing on PlayStation 4 November 15th, 2016. Here is Sony’s branding of the upcoming racing sim:
“GT Sport is the world’s first racing experience to be built from the ground up to bring global, online competitions sanctioned by the highest governing body of international motorsports, the FIA (Federation International Automobile). Create your legacy as you represent and compete for your home country or favorite manufacturer through multiple race classes, including GT3, Prototype, Rally, and more.”
Sony is touting a preorder deal for those planning to hop in early. It’s a 3-Car Pack that includes the Ford Mustang Group B Rally Car, Toyota FT-1 Vision GT Group 3, and Peugeot 908 HDi FAP LMP1. Preordering specifically through GameStop, the PlayStation Store and Amazon will also net you separate, yet different bonuses.
What they’re really pushing though is the Limited Edition of Gran Turismo Sport. Priced at $69.99, Polyphony Digitalz is claiming that it actually contains over $130 in value. The following comprises the package:
- GT Sport Starter Pack (8x Cars) – Gain immediate access to cars within various race class, including GT4, Rally, and more
- $1MM In-Game Credit – Build and customize your personalized garage
- Livery Sticker Pack – Bonus livery of numerous brands and logos
- 30x PS4 GT Sport Themed Avatars – Based on selected GT Sport featured vehicles
- Racing Helmet – For your customized driver profile
- Limited Edition Steel Book and Packaging
The event in London today also provided a new trailer for the game. Check it out below and see for yourself what’s in store for us in November.