Hey guys you remember that game Hotline Miami 2-Wrong Number? You remember how the game was promised to have a level editor to allow you to make your own levels?………No?
Well surprise! Just recently today on the Dennaton Games Blogspot, it was announced after a ton of heavy bug testing, and fixes, the beta for the Level Editor will release on Steam Only on the 10th of December.
For awhile since the release of Hotline Miami 2 earlier this year, originally Dennaton planned to have the editor available in late spring, which eventually moved to summer, then fall, finally landing on a Winter release this December.
Heres the full details from the Blogspot post:
“THE BETA VERSION OF THE EDITOR WILL BE UP ON STEAM ON THE 10TH OF DECEMBER!
We’ve added some extra time just to make sure that the date won’t be pushed anymore. Thursday the 10th of December is the day. More details soon!
Some important information:
1. The beta is on STEAM ONLY. The forum makes it easier to gather bugs and the automatic update makes sure everyone is playing the correct version.
2. The beta is WINDOWS ONLY for now. The editor will support Mac and Linux later on. No editor for PS3, PS4 or Vita.
3. WORKSHOP IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THE BEGINNING but will be added later. Levels can be shared locally by sending the level folders around.
4. EVERYONE CAN GET ACCESS TO THE BETA WITHOUT INVITE! So we don’t need your Steam information or anything, you do this yourself when it’s available. More info on how you do that on release date.
5. ALL CONTENT IS AVAILABLE FROM THE START (some minor features will be added later).
6. NO PROMISES THAT LEVELS MADE IN THE BETA WILL CARRY OVER TO THE FINAL VERSION. Things will change during the course of the beta as we fix and update the code, so no promises that levels will stay the same or survive the whole trip.
7.THE PLAN IS TO HAVE THE BETA OPEN DURING DECEMBER TILL EARLY JANUARY and then have final version out shortly after that.
8. NO CUSTOM MUSIC EDITOR. If we let people get free music when they download levels we are viewed as a illegal file sharing tool. There is also impossible to make sure that if people added a track that the artist of that track is cool with the fact that he/she/they are in HLM.
9. NO CUSTOM SPRITE EDITOR from us but other people have already created their own and they work great:)
10. The plan is to have VIDEO TUTORIALS up before the 10th (or quite soon after) but I think you will figure out most of it without our help 😉
11. NIGEL IS HANDSOME!!!
Take care // Dennis”
Thankfully the project, that many fans would claim to have been ‘dead’ is alive and well, and is almost finished. While it has been some time since the editor was made public news, and interest may have waned over time, the fact people are still talking about it months after the editor was public knowledge, and Dennaton taking the extra time and effort working to make sure the editor is as stable as possible, is a good thing, and well worth the wait.
Here’s hoping the editor doesn’t get pushed back again.