Psyonix, a.k.a one of the best developers around, dropped quite the announcement during the Rocket League International Finals over the weekend. While players from across the globe were seriously ducking it out amongst the most elite of their peers, Psyonix dropped a trailer for a new mode that could be considered anything but serious.
Let’s Get Ready to Rumble!!
Rumble is the new mode coming to Rocket League in September. It’s essentially a no holds barred version of the game with power-ups and the encouragement of zany destructive tactics. Here’s the announcement from Psyonix themselves:
“A FREE game mode to be included with our next update in September, Rocket League Rumble is an epic battle royale-style addition that comes stacked with randomized power-ups. Whether you’re equipped with the Haymaker (which punches the ball), the Swapper (which changes your place on the field with an opponent’s), or the Tornado (you’ll just have to see it to believe it), each one of the 11 new power-ups brings an extra dimension to the classic Rocket League formula.”
Psyonix’s blog went on to list the 11 power-ups that will be included with Rumble. Today we get a closer look at the Spike in action:
As we get closer to the new mode’s release, Psyonix will be showcasing each of the power-ups individually on their site. Here’s the complete list of what’s included:
- The Boot (Kicks an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces your opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Allows you to hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and opposing cars into a giant funnel cloud)
This is an awesome addition to Rocket League for all the more casual players out there. To see a bunch of these new power-ups in action, checkout the new trailer below. Rumble hits Rocket League in September. When we get an official date, we’ll be sure to let you know right here.