In what is shocking news to no one, God of War 4 is poised to hit the PlayStation 4 at some point. We’ve known since December of 2014 that Sony Santa Monica had begun early work on a new entry in the series. But no one knew whether it was a sequel, reboot, or something entirely different. Well, we still don’t know exactly what’s coming our way in terms of the game’s timeline, but at least we know the setting. Oh, and Kratos is back.
The leaks began after a reputable industry insider posted the following to his Twitter account:
…to the halls of Valhalla.
— shinobi602 (@shinobi602) April 4, 2016
From there, NerdLeaks took the reins and ran with it. They found the LinkedIn profile of Finnian MacManus, a former concept artist at Sony Santa Monica, and a hidden art portfolio that contained a mother load of art for God of War 4. Upon reviewing the images, here are some details they come up with that the new game will include:
- There is Kratos, with beard
- The setting is the Norse Mythology
- Kratos will visit Alfheim, “Land Of The Fairies”, one of the Nine Worlds and home of the Light Elves (concepts show the Wall and the Temple Door)
- Kratos will be in one or more prison
- Kratos has an Axe, with which he can cut vines and create bridges/walkways
- The surrounding environment could interact with the character (if Kratos brushes-up against the vines, they expel visible spores)
While the above isn’t a plethora of information to go off of, it isn’t better than the nothing we had previously. The Norse setting and the inclusion of Kratos are the two biggest focal points of the leak. Kratos famously killed the remainder of the Greek gods in his last adventure, so it’s only fitting that he move onto a new batch. However, some might argue that it be best that the series move on from the Kratos character entirely…
We have some of the images below, but you can find all of the leaked art at the NeoGaf thread here. Give your thoughts on what you’d like to see in God of War 4 in the comments below. Do it. Or Kratos will find you…