Nintendo had a Nindies showcase this Wednesday and showed off new game announcements and release dates. this was focused on indies entirely so we got releases like Super Meat Boy Forever, Travis Strikes Again, SteamWorld Dig 2, Wulverblade and plenty more titles were announced.
Super Meat Boy Forever
This was a neat surprise since the first Meat Boy came out seven years ago. It was reported to have an upcoming sequel for mobiles, smart tablets, and steam it was labeled as Super Meat Boy Forever. There was no news afterward and it seemed to be in development hell or just being prepared. During the Nindies summer showcase, we got to see how it would play, what the story was like, and to see what platforms it would come out on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC and later on it will come to mobiles.
No More Heroes Travis Returns
another surprise was Travis Strikes Again: No More Heros which is being developed by Grasshopper Manufacture the same team who made No More Heroes 1 and 2 on the Nintendo Wii. During the 2017 January Nintendo switch direct a new upcoming No More Heroes was teased but nothing was really shown and it stayed that way for all this time. The story of the game seems pretty interesting and it’s nice to see Travis Touchdown again, that’s all we will have to see until 2018 when the game releases or in future updates from the company.
Mulaka was a game I was not expecting to see at the Nindies showcase. It’s a 3D action adventure game based in the northern parts of Mexico and focuses on the Tarahumara culture. It was originally slated for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. With the recent announcement at Nindies, it’s coming to the switch same time as the other versions in 2018.
A list of all the games announced at the Nindies showcase can be found below with the release dates we were given.
- Super Meat Boy Forever (2018)
- Shovel Knight: King of Cards (Early 2018)
- Mom Hid My Game! (Late 2017)
- Golf Story (September 2017)
- Floor Kids (Holiday 2017)
- Wulverblade (September 2017)
- Poly Bridge (Holiday 2017)
- Kentucky Route Zero, Tv Edition (Early 2018)
- Earth Atlantis (Fall 2017)
- Next Up Hero (Early 2018)
- SteamWorld Dig 2 (September 21st, 2017)
- Mulaka (Early 2018)
- Yolo and the Celestial Elephants (October 12th, 2017)
- Dragon Marked For Death (Winter 2017)
- Battle Chef Brigade (Holiday 2017)
- Morphies Law (Winter 2017)
- Sausage Sports Club (Fall 2017)
- Little Fingers (Early 2018)
- Nine Parchments (Holiday 2017)
- Travis strikes again: No More Heroes (2018)