Tis’ the season to be jolly! Sony has announced that with the holiday season looming, the company is cutting down the standard price of the PlayStation 4. Currently set at $399.99, the MSRP will go down to $349.99 as of tomorrow.
President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America, Shawn Layden, iterated that their “goal at PlayStation has always been to offer the best place to play at a compelling value to gamers.” He went on, saying that Sony aims on “continuing to deliver on that commitment with this new price for PS4, making the console even more accessible to a broader audience this holiday. With highly anticipated games like Call of Duty: Black Ops III and Star Wars Battlefront launching soon and blockbuster exclusives like Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End on the horizon, there has never been a better time to join the PS4 community.”
Sony has revealed that pricing will come down for their prominent PlayStation 4 limited-edition and standard-edition bundles as well. Here are the ones Sony is rolling-out with emphasis on this holiday:
- UNCHARTED™: The Nathan Drake Collection PS4 Bundle (500GB HDD) – $349.99 USD / $429.99 CAD (MSRP); October 9, 2015
- Limited Edition Call of Duty®: Black Ops III PS4 Bundle (1TB HDD) – $429.99 USD / $499.99 CAD (MSRP); November 6, 2015
- Limited Edition Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars™ PS4 Bundle (500GB HDD) – $399.99 USD / $469.99 CAD (MSRP); November 13, 2015
- Limited Edition Star Wars™ Battlefront™ PS4 Bundle (500GB HDD) – $399.99 USD / $469.99 CAD (MSRP); November 17, 2015
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ PS4 Bundle (500GB HDD) – $349.99 USD / $429.99 CAD (MSRP); November 17, 2015
- NHL 16 PS4 Bundle (500GB HDD) – $429.99 CAD (MSRP); Available now in Canada only
If you don’t have (and are wanting) a PlayStation 4, now is the time to start saving those nickels. To celebrate, I leave you with this (old) clip of Star Wars Battlefront. Because let’s face it, this game looks purrrdy.