You probably read the rumors last week in regards to a possible Marvel v. Capcom 4 reveal. Apparently those rumors were close, but not exactly right. It’s not Marvel v. Capcom 4, it’s Marvel v. Capcom: Infinite. It’s all in the details.
“Battle for Supremacy in a Timeless Struggle Set in the Marvel and Capcom Universes”
The announcement coincided with a trailer debuted at PSX. The CG was super slick which I’m assuming will be utilized for the game’s story mode. Captain Marvel and Iron Man did the repping for Marvel while Megaman X and Ryu touted team Capcom.
Capcom is promising “a variety of exciting and accessible single player modes and rich multi-player content for new players and longtime fans alike.” Here’s the info drop on all of features planned for Marvel v. Capcom: Infinite:
- Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and action-packed 2v2 partner battles.
- Infinite Power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into players’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.
- Iconic Heroes: Choose from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from Marvel and Capcom universes, including Iron Man and Captain Marvel from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.
- Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
- Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission and Arcade modes.
- Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
- Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.
A cool twist for Marvel v. Capcom: Infinite is the inclusion of the Infinity Stones in the game. It’ll be interesting to see how their powers are incorporated in the game. Here’s the game’s first trailer: