The first thought that popped into my mind when I saw this was the word “What!?”.
Okay, let me explain, cause I know what you are probably thinking ‘Is this a new game?’….no….’is it a movie tie in sort of deal?’ Again….no….I’ll tell you what this actually IS though, and in short it is a free DLC content patch for Rambo The video Game….and just a refresher, here’s a screen cap of what Metacritic ranks this game at:
Yeah it doesn’t rank very high at all, in all honesty, it’s one of the worst games I’ve ever had the displeasure to play…which make this news all the more baffling.
Publisher Reef Entertainment along with Polish developer Teyon, announced today with a video trailer, that the new DLC dubbed “Rambo The Video Game: Baker Team” will be released TOMORROW (4/19/2016), for The PS3 and the PC through Steam.
According to the Rambo The Video Game website, this pack, which was to be the first in a line of dlc packs for the game, was set to release in the month of July of 2014, but for some reason (one can only guess why) the pack was delayed for over two years.
Anyways in this DLC you will get three brand new missions set before the film ‘First Blood’ in where you will assume the role as John Rambo, in which alongside your manly soldier dude bro compatriots, you will infiltrate behind enemy lines of the Viet Cong on a covert mission, as well as other things included in the pack.
Here are the full bullet points Reef Entertainment laid out:
- 3 NEW MISSIONS – Rambo leads Baker Team on a covert mission deep into Viet Cong territory.
- UPGRADE YOUR RAMBO TO LEVEL 25 – Unlock all skill points and create the ultimate Rambo.
- NEW DIFFICULTY SETTING: JOHN RAMBO – If Green Beret wasn’t challenging enough, put your skills to the ultimate test in John Rambo mode. Your reward will be a score multiplier of x 1.5.
- NEW WEAPONS – Five new weapons to get your Rambo hands on. Including the CAR15, MP44, SPAS12, XM79, and PPSH41. Weapons are unlocked via five new “Trautman Challenges.”
- NEW PERKS – Five new perks to experiment with! Use them to help get you through the toughest levels or create new builds to boost your scores and aim for those 3-star mission rankings.
- 8 NEW TROPHIES & ACHIEVEMENTS
…in all honesty….I’m torn, because on one had, it’s nice that as a sign of good will, after the reception of the original game, Teyon and Reef Entertainment decided to make all this content for free for those who want it…on the other hand…who really wants to play this? Especially so long after the game was blasted to hell and back from most if not all the major outlets.
Well all aside, if this interests you, and you still haven’t returned your copy of the game already, at least it’s free content. So there’s that.
Anyways check out the announcement trailer below: