Paradox announced today that Cities: Skylines is coming to the PlayStation 4 on August 15. The popular city-building game first released for the PC in 2015 and according to VentureBeat, has sold more than 3.5 million copies. An Xbox One version released in April and PlayStation 4 owners now won’t be left out.
Like the Xbox One version, the PlayStation release comes with After Dark, the first expansion that adds nightlife and tourism. The PC versions has three more expansions: Snowfall, Natural Disasters, and Mass Transit. It’s unclear at the moment if those three expansions will make the jump to Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Making The Jump To PS4
Some of the key features in the PlayStation 4 version are:
- City policies: Set policies to guide how the city and districts develop over the course of your playthrough.
- City districts: Personalize city districts with names of your choice for variety and personality.
- Road building and zoning
- Unlock buildings and services
- Taxation: Fine-tuning the city budget and services and setting tax rates to different residential, commercial and industrial levels and controlling what kind of areas are more likely to spawn in the zoned areas
- Public transportation: Build transport networks throughout the city with buses and metros
- Outside connections: Make industry and commercial districts flourish with new customers in the neighboring cities
- Wonders: the ultimate end-game content that the players strive towards
- Huge maps: Unlock new map tiles with unique possibilities to expand the city
- Water flow simulation: Add new challenges to water services.
- Polished visual style and core gameplay
- Modding tools: Built in feature designed to encourage creative pursuits.
Check out the announcement trailer is below.